Syracuse Sand Dunes Rules
Information and regulations:
- Extreme hazards exist in dune area!
- Under 18 years old helmet required
- No glass or alcoholic beverages allowed on Sand Dunes
- No littering
- Beware of shifting dunes.
- Approach drop-offs with caution
- Drive defensively
- Vehicle owners are responsible for anyone operating their vehicle.
- All vehicles must be equipped with the required safety equipment
- Observe park boundaries. Do not cross any park boundary fence. Violations will result in confiscation of your ORV., prosecution, and eviction from the park.
- No jumping on dunes without spotters present
- Visitors ride at their own risk
Required off-road vehicle equipment all off-road vehicles entering the riding area:
- Whip: must be ten (10) feet in height from the ground.
- Flag: all vehicles must have a 6” x 12” flag attached within 10” of thewhip’s tip.
It must be bright red or bright orange with no writing.
- Lighting: both headlights and taillights are required for night driving.
- Lights must be powered by the vehicle’s electrical system.
Dune buggies, jeeps, trucks, and sport utility vechicles:
- Roll Bar: Roll structure must be attached to frame and of sufficient strength to protect occupants
- Seat Belts: one for each occupant in the vehicle
- Full coverage helmets are strongly suggested. Riding is at your own risk.
- You are required to stay in park boundaries
- Off Highway Vehicle Permit required for all unregistered vehicles – $10 annually. Permits available in person at the City Hall located at 109 N Main Street or the Sand Park Office. Download Application Form here.
- Daily Park Pass = $5.00 per Driver
- Annual Pass = $100 Individual – Download Application Form HERE
- Family Annual Pass = 1st member $100 – each additional $25.00
(Immediate family members only – 23 years of age or younger)
- Dry Camping $5.00 per day
- Hookup Camping – water/electricity – $15.00 per day
(sites are first come first serve)
Fishing licenses can be purchased at our local Eagle Station at 204 West Highway 50 or you can go online below to purchase one.
Fishing Application and Fees